Saturday, June 6, 2009

EMOTIONAL BARRIERS


I sometimes grapple with my inability to enjoy my baby It's not just the time-I noticed I tend to focus on his physical needs: Has she had her vitamins? Is she eating enough? Strange that I am more able to "let go" and be silly with nephews and nieces.Why?
*Parent role model. Sometime we adapt the parenting styles of your parents.My mom showed her concern through "service" and taking care of our needs.She had a serious personality and rarely joked around.This was my "template" for the responsible mom." my sister-in-low noticed sometimes I looked angry when I was trying to feed my daughter.This was not my intention,but maybe my intense expression could I've made my baby(normally a hearty eater) a little fussier that usual.The lesson-stop taking things so seriously!
*Embrace the mess.Babies can be messy.Accept it.Live with it That's what yanny and wet wipes are for.The most important thing is enjoying the company,and remembering that years from now, we will miss the chocolate kisses the sticky hugs,and the "surprise" of finding clay and dolls and our pillows.
*Different personality. You and your baby my have different personality and definitions of fun.But we need to follow our child's lead.Though I am the type who liked to stay put,since baby likes to crawl,then crawl I must.That is what she loves,and though I don't always enjoy going under the table,I will always cherish the sound of her loather.
*Physical tired.Since we work all day and sometimes have to do housework,it is understandable that we are exhausted and may not have the energy to play and have fun.Take those 20 minutes of relaxation- along shower,or sometimes alone in the room.By giving yourself permission to rest heart and renewed energy levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment